Nice shots!

Quote:

1) No. We have disabled 3DGS automatic sending of updates to ALL clients and wrote our own dead-reckoning algorithm. As you'll see next week, it's a smooth as silk on a babies ass! As you well know, 3DGS's network system is a FPS MP system (no more than 10 clients), not an RPG MMO system (over 100 clients). We had to do this to control what was sent to whom. It was a very simple solution that took me one month alone to program, another month for my employees to optimize, and we've been using it for over a year with no problems (bugs, yes; fundamental problems with our system, no)

Were you planning to sell this code for license? I'd be interested in some great dead-reckoning code to eventually port over for my kart game. Currently, my code works alright, but there is still a few chops when changing direction suddenly. Although, my entities do not move like an FPS game, so if this code is good enough for that, then it should work fine. Would really just like to see the smoothing section of the code. Please PM me or post an email address for further contact(if I remember right, your PM always seems to be full).

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/