>>>Besides, who would ultimately accept an "it's true because we said so" argument??

Well, I don't, but although I'm an atheist, I can see the problems occuring with god vs. science.

I am a science-loving man, and thus, I can see where science will not help to improve matters. And furthermore I know that there are things that we don't know and can't say for sure (that is, today. Don't know if we'll discover the meanings of it in the future).

For example, you write:

>>If God can't ever be measured, why would he exist nonetheless?

I think, if he "exists", he just couldn't be measured with human technology. Even if we got a proof that god exists, let's say he drops down another 10 commandments from the sky, we wouldn't know *what* exactly he/she/it is, wouldn't we? And to measure something, you need a device for measurement. And you can't build a device for measering something you don't know anything about -> See, you can't construct a thermometer if you don't know what temperature is at all.

Take the human consciousness: We know that it's there, because it's obvious. We know it BECAUSE we know it (same reasoning as with the "god exists because he exists" theory). But if we look into a persons brain, we only find very small things. We can measure these small things like electrons and so, but we can't measure consciousness itself. Nevertheless you would claim that you're conscious, wouldn't you? ;-)

Maybe god is something very similar to this consciousness, only in a much much bigger way. What's an electron for us may be a planet/star to god. Or a galaxy. Or even a universe. That means we CAN measure the "small" things like a star, a galaxy. But we are not able to see that a quadrillion of quadrillion of galaxies forms a thought of god.

>>>So why wouldn't god be a god when we measure him or when he shows himself to us tomorrow? Do you know his nature?

Hehe, that only proves that humans tend to squeeze god in some human shaped form. When I think of a possible god, I don't spend a single thought on an old, long-bearded man. That's just rubbish made up for children. IF there's some sort of god, a creator able to form worlds, it has to be outside our reach of understanding. Why? Because I wouldn't regard it very god-like if he only was able to create ONE world. ONE single planet. What's with all the other planets, suns, galaxies? If they weren't created by god because god only made earth and humans, then who created all this? Other gods? Would be a very ungodly god if god himselfs depends on others to build a sun for him before he can create the earth that rotates around that sun ...

>>>Why does god have to be almighty? He too may be bound to nature rules.

Then again, it would not be god for me (and almost all other people, I think). You simply cannot be bound to nature rules AND create these rules at the same time. He'd just be another form of life or being and thus mortal. Yes, it MAY BE that "god" is a mortal being, a very powerful being. But it would not be a god then. Just some powerful being.