Quote:

I think, if he "exists", he just couldn't be measured with human technology. Even if we got a proof that god exists, let's say he drops down another 10 commandments from the sky, we wouldn't know *what* exactly he/she/it is, wouldn't we?

Yes, but it wouldn't be proof of God's existence per say, perhaps the Flying Spaghetti Monster dropped it.

Still, it would be a sign that there's something. That's also what I've meant to say. If there are no signs at all, no things pointing in the direction of the existence of God ánd he can't be measured because we can not see, hear or feel him somehow .. thát's when I would conclude that he does or can not exist.

Quote:

And to measure something, you need a device for measurement. And you can't build a device for measering something you don't know anything about -> See, you can't construct a thermometer if you don't know what temperature is at all.

And still people found out about temperature and were able to construct devices to measure it. Not knowing what something is doesn't mean you can't ever know about it, as long as it's noticeable. When people say (or religion dictates) that God can't be measured by definition, how can we know it exists ..ever?

Quote:

>>>Why does god have to be almighty? He too may be bound to nature rules.

Although fictional, this is similar to asking why superheroes have to have special powers to be superheroes. It's a definition thing.

Let's assume for a split second that life was created by an alien scientist billions of years ago, would such an alien be God simply because he created us with his superior technology and/or science? Not by our definition. "Gods" have certain special properties... the most popular seems to be 'almightiness',

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software