I suspect that the proof and true meaning of god or gods, is only granted after an individual takes a leap faith and believes. Maybe it's similar to a private club, containing wonders that can only be perceived when a certain 'truth' is accepted at the door.

I think it is rather pointless to argue about god or god(s) and evidence of such things, when you're not in the club, ...you're not a believer.
You may never fully understand, because you do not have access.

Statements like "why would anyone want to be a slave", might indicate a temporary lack of understanding due to an inability to place self into another individual's point of view.

Perhaps, evidence and meaning is offered only after you 'take the leap', and that's just the way that it is. While you are in the club, you will see THAT, and when you're not in the club you will see something else.

I tend to think if you truly do not believe in god or god(s) and don't have something to prove (possibly out of anger at certain events), than god or god(s), and the beliefs of others in such things, should probably be irrelevant, and I would think that there would be no need or drive to discuss such things (often).

(Note: I do not subscribe to any commonly known religion or 'faith'.)

I tend to think that today, without laws and consequences, there would be 'chaos'. Many individuals might easily do what might be considered the 'wrong things', if penalties are removed. (I think that the current model leans more and more towards 'chaos' over time anyway.) It seems that a significant number of individuals are self-consumed unknowing slaves, which serve themselves when they can, and spend a fair of amount of time serving individuals higher up in the hierarchy. Some of the time might be spent using media, entertainment, and other devices as some form treatment or to distract from the lack of meaning in life.

I doubt that 'good guys' are anything but a minority. However, obviously, some individuals seem to perform acts of kindness and generosity from time to time. Such acts may actually represent breaks in typical behavior.