We don't actually create as such a divine being would. It's a bit difficult to explain, but a plane is a plane because we assemble the parts together and gather the resource needed, not because we created the parts and/or the resources of those parts... it's a different kind of 'creation'. Quite literally we are creative with what's already here in some way or another. What we do is gather resources, change them using certain methods and assemble parts, but I think it's save to say that we can't create all ingredients needed for a plane out of thin air..

In a way it's similar to why people always wonder "why we are here", I think there might not be a real reason other than that life found a way ending up where it is now, us included. Why would something háve to make sense? On the other hand it's absolutely normal that things often do not seem to make any sense because of our lack of knowledge.

Quote:

What I'd like to do is take our two half truths.. and make one whole from it by going where we have not for whatever reasons, investigation wise. First.. we have to embrace that we don't know.. both sides. And.. take what we do know.. and what might make normal, logical sense.. and go with that.

The best thing to do would be to go with what we dó know and not too fantasize too much about what or how it *could* be. And if our knowledge is not enough to base logical or valid conclusions upon, then perhaps we should not try to do it anyways? This sounds more agnostic than it was meant.

However, if you think that somewhere a giant ball must exists and you think to know that it must have a color, but you obviously do not know which color exactly because you haven't seen this giant ball and technically can't know for sure if it exists, then why claim that it's blue anyways?? That doesn't make sense (nor is it half of the truth). Most atheists do not think that there even is a giant ball, but religious people often mistake our opinions as if we are saying that it's not a blue ball but a red one... It's exactly the reason why I do not believe in any religion, they pretend to know things they can not know.

Perhaps the moment religious people start to accept all kinds of discoveries already made long ago that disprove all kinds of parts of the Bible and so on, the easier it'll be to investigate this subject without bias and together. Science is often biased too you might say, but at least it's based on evidence and not just emotion and wishful thinking.

Personally I think it's a lost cause trying to uncover more about God through combining these 'two truths'. Science can not prove everything and the religious or perhaps philosophical aspects of why a divine entity should/could or must exist can't quite be proven either. How can you test those ideas when the 'main subject' is either not there or not physically reachable? We can't. In short, I believe we can only find evidence of why God is unlikely to exist and nothing more.

Quote:

Why can't we have been? Are we too special to be the result of a blueprint and lines of programming code?

I do not believe in aliens before ever having seen one, but I don't think there's a good reason to assume that we are special. If 'we' can happen once then there's no reason to assume it can not have happened twice elsewhere.
Our history has shown many times that inventions got lost and that people needed the same things in the same situation and eventually ended up inventing nearly the same things.

Quote:

No magic.. only what we do and don't understand.

Yes, which is exactly why people shouldn't hold on to outdated beliefs, in the historical sense religion has always been both a tool of control and an 'easy answer to tough questions' whatever their nature. That's something that's not helping very much either... If people would have more knowledge about other religions and how similar they all are in terms of 'make a large group controllable', there would be a lot less religious people. Why is it easy for people to totally not believe in for example Egyptian Gods or Allah and laugh at it as if it's one big childish myth, but still believe in their own "God" as if that's less fictional?

Is it really to easy to simply think that the whole idea of a God is ridiculous in the first place and should we therefore continue searching for something when we don't even know what to look for?

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software