Quote:

Quote:

That's again assuming it takes a divine level of skill or ability to create life. That's an assumption we attribute to the fact we can't do it, nor can we come close..

Yeah, it's an assumption indeed, but that's just me going with what we know sort of. I'm confident we will be able to create life at some point in time, but most probably never out of nothing like *poof* there it is... That's the supernatural aspect about divine creation that doesn't make sense.

Indeed it doesn't make sense. Our own physical universe to date proves that there's more to it than just poof. So it stands to reason that the method of creation was more than just "poof, there it is".

(Although.. I happen to think that the moment described in religious text when God said "Let there be light" might be what he said to himself (the same way some people working on a project often do when there's no one around and their in the zone) flipped the switch on his machine (our universe) and hoped it all worked and dominoed correctly.

Next moment... fooosh... the "Big Bang" happens.. and for the few seconds he lives, or from wherever distance away, he watches as his calculations execute.. and all the loose atoms he used fly apart and start spreading and coalescing into molecules, and molecules into compounds.. so on so forth.. just the way he designed it to. Then somewhere along came the reactions that created a special carbon arrangement that encompasses a whole section of his chalkboard.. a carbon arrangement to be the base of our kind of life.. perhaps other atomic arrangements to be the bases for other forms of life in his design.)

This.. is where we seem to agree.. and why my theory-in-progress de-devinifies "God".. as being more of an ultra-advanced scientist/ mathematician than a magician.

I may get stoned for it, but for me, and anyone who approaches it with logic would see the argument and see the realism (granted the scale is hard to fathom if you stay confined to what it and isnt possible for us humans to do). It stands to reason.. and is far too widely accounted (though the latter doesnt mean much) that some kind of deliberate intelligence set things into motion. The universe, and we, are far too complex to be accidents.

What's more.. it stands to universe wass created and things continue to be created.. by us and through continuation of what we see as natural process.. according to the processes dictated by science and predictable by math. The way things live, function and die out all make mathematical/scienfitic sense, so it stands to reason it was created by means abiding by said principals.

We most likely are an advanced experiment; the final product"God"'s own life's work.. first and final scientific marvel. Not just poof.. there. More like.. years of calculation.. years of formulation.. years of predicting and years of designing. Years of developing a method and means of manifesting.. all the same processes we go through when we want to create with our knowledge.

It only doesnt seem like such is possible without magic.. but that's because we can't do it, nor will we be able to for a long long time into our future. We humans gage alot on what we can't do and what we can't imagine.

That's why God was given divinity. Rest assured a creator was there.. he just became a tall tale, just like there was a real Daniel Boone and a real John Henry who were larger than life people.. only people made that so in a literal sense over time.

For me, there's only two (though big) things what separate us from whoever "God" was:

One.. our level of knowledge. We're far too young to do much of anything. Not even knowledged enouhg to get off our own planet.

And then there's main reason why that is: and why we will not soon create such things as life: Our level of wisdom is not proportionate to our knowledge.. as His/hers/it's must've been in order to be inspired thusly.

Of course.. when there's nothing around to destroy (what seems to be our most carnal instinct).. what else can you do but create?

To me the strongest evidence of anything being responsible is inference.. inference and logic. While we know nothing of who or what..

We know things like life, engines, stars, volcanoes, nuclear reactors and such dont just spring into being from incoherent atoms.. and we also know nothing poofs them into being. Neither of those makes sense.. and both arguments are essentially what the current world accepts. What we also know is that there is a method to how we are born.. no different then there is methond behind the mechanes we engineer.. and that this method makes scientific sense.

So that's why my current theory that I am fleshing out is that someone.. not a magical being.. but obviously an intelligence.. obviously powerful because of that, capability wise.. and much further along the chain of mathamtical and scientific prowess.. used that knowledge to craft (not poof.. craft) all that you see and you hear and you know into being. We aren't "divine" design. There's nothing divine about us. What I'm proposing is that it's the the result of far superiour intellect's design. No diviinity included.

Something didnt want to be alone.. maybe it was a man.. maybe a sentient gas cloud.. maybe a grouping of electrons that became self aware.. but it didnt want to be alone.. and there was nothing to tear up.. so it learned.. and it learned until it could take the incoherent atoms around it.. and some of itself.. and create something to exist when its gone.. the most extreme of those somethings he imagined.. life forms.

I might not know enough to say that this is what's definately true, but you must admit it makes a great deal of realistic sense. I think I'm closer to home (far as starting with a realistic, but homaged guess) than most religious teachings, and much less arrogant than current science.

We'll see in about 250,000 years. I just wish we'd all embrace the idea that the whole answer is not here on earth, isnt complete in any of our books.. and that we are starting with all the wrong preclusions.. and that is why we are getting pretty much nowhere on the question.

I wish we'd also understand that we don't need the right answer to get along as a species.. we need to formulate the right theory.. and the right question in order to come up with a true answer. The next step is to make ourselves better so thta we can develop what we need to get out there and find the answer.

The thing is.. we aren't the way we are because we do or don't know who God is. If someone told us the absolute truth, it wouldnt change us much.. even if we all accepted it. We have more immediate knowledges and wisdoms we are in need of.

"God" really is one of us.. in that he's just an exceptional being. He can't save us. We have to change and behave differently, if we plan to live beyond the next few centuries. No "God" can save us.. because he'dve done so by now.. irreversibly.. if he had that power. Don't contend that I don't know the way "God" works. Even he has to make sense, magical or not.

As a parent, no one let's their child.. the result of years of love and labor.. make fatal mistakes and be gone forever, and as a creator.. you don't just let your creation.. the product of your hardwork... destroy itself.. if you can help it.. no matter how much you want it to leanr a lesson about it's mistake.

He created this universe to make sense.. and thats why it does. To do this, he had to also be a master logician. So.. even if he were magical.. letting even one tiny sect of work he truly cares about tear itself apart wouldnt make sense if he had the divine ability to stop it.

Life and death are a part of his design, but not self inflicted extinction. That's we're given intellect and ability to save ourselves. Our problem, and the tragedy of this world and the humans on it is.. we are not applying our own power, nor the full extent of the wisdom we do have.. and that's why we are headed the way we are.. and why we are not where we want to be.

Our biggest problems, to me, are here on earth and not in heaven,:). I dont understand why we even want to find out who or where God is.. seek him out.. and bring him home to see us.. when our house is dirty, our bodies are unkept, and we fight and behave, as a race, like snotty, rivalling children still.

Last edited by ICEman; 10/02/07 23:54.

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.