Quote:

You bring up some interesting points. The one that started the universe doesn't have to have been all-powerful at all, 'creation can't simply be *poof* and there it is' and so on. I actually agree with you on quite a lot of those points. Problem is by definition "God" is claimed to be all those things or be able to do his 'instant magic'. That doesn't make sense, even if creation to some extent does make sense For example it may seem illogical that there would have been or are things that simply exist and that's it, no creator, no start, just existing.. But then again, there are all kinds of logic.

Then I guess "God" is the wrong word alltogether. I use it more as a name. What I'm (and we all probably should be) looking for is a creator.. not a God at all

Quote:

It doesn't take much to come to the conclusion that the "God" as it's usually is defined; allpowerful, doing his 'poof' creation and so on, is simply impossible...
I think the whole idea of creation is an extension of his ancient attributes. People wanted to look up to something that was huge, so huge that it has to be allpowerful and be able to create with the snap of his finger or even a mere thought would do.

Maybe not that they wanted to see something huge.. but put yourself as one of the first species of intelligent life.. maybe before there ever were humans or arborial species. You're alot closer to the point of beggining, so the data's alot more fresh. Any words that were uttered for the universe to hear are thousands of generations less distorted. Even so.. they saw this.. and it was far beyond their comprehension how the universe could be the work, much less the concept, of a mortal being.. or physical being of any kind.. even the little they understand of the working.. most of it still seems to heavy and too complex for any living thing.. but their being closer to the evidence leads them to know it was in fatc an exceptional individual.. and then as the generations pass.. and as its passed from species to species so that some part of the original story survives.. it gets shaped and exxagerated until the creator who was maybe witnessed by the very first of all sentient intelligent life.. becomes a God.. and is made so from then on.

That's how all tall tales happen. If you've ever done that experiment in a college class where someone starts with one story and passes it to the next person, and how it changes completely by the time it gets to the last, you'd see what I mean.

The Bible may have meant it as such, and it is a nice metaphor to describe that something 'activated' or 'started' indeed. However, it's totally logical that this was written in a scripture as the Bible. That line is there for a reason and our language is actually limited, so yeah, it's not that strange that they wrote 'And then there was light' or 'Let there be light' (because we don't really know the original line anymore, it's one of the more famous lines that also has changed through time). Apart from that it's also subject to different interpretations, like many great parts and often almost cryptic parts of the bible.

It could mean so many things and this really only shows how limited our language is and how 'undefined' the line is. So.. although I do see logic in your interpretation, it could mean so many things.

Quote:

Off course, then I haven't even started about why I think that the Bible itself can not even hold information about this creation, nor God because quite frankly it's impossible for a creation story to accurately survive being told in (oral) stories for centuries and centuries and centuries and so on... in fact, humans are a rather young species, especially the more intelligent ones, how come they 'get' to know about this in the first place???? Doesn't make much sense to me, why would we receive things that other species do not? Although we are currently quite different from most species in regard to intelligence and so on, there has been times where we were just dumb naked monkeys for million of years.... How does that fit into your picture of the grand scheme?

This is why I say religious teachings are half true. They contain some of the knowledge, obviously.. just like any survived information.. but I don't buy into them for two reasons: One..they are too theistic.. too ready to leave it at "God made us".. and two.. if they were the complete truth, the Torah, Bible, Koran and so forth would all say exactly the same thing.. and they can't all be right .

Quote:

How does that fit into your picture of the grand scheme?

See..I'm nto concretely sure.. but I don't really accept that ALL humans came from Monkeys.. on the basis that you dont seem them changing in anyway today.

As research continues on the various human forms that exist today, all thats been said about the differences in brain structure and mass and such is being challenged and shattered. Just so I'm not blowing smoke I'll try to find a transcript from a particular national geographic ep where they explored these different pigmi and "subhuman" tribes who, according to Darwinist writings about differences in brain structure making a difference in intellect and cognitive ability.. should not have been the least bit as smart as a modern human.

But what they found was that these species, though tribal,.. and with very different brain structures.. were at least as smart and as capable as modern humans just smaller and with different shaped meat slabs.. erm..brains.

What this says to me is that they are also wrong about neanderthals, sapiens and so forth. I can't say that they werent human.. or different humans than we are now.. but what's also being found are older skeletons of modern sapien humans.. some brushing shoulders with the dinosaurs, time-wise.

So.. what I think is that humans were always.. more close to how they are now.. perhaps considerably bigger.. due to the higher concentrations of oxygen that existed from that time to now.. but they occured in different forms too..which is where you get sapiens, neands and such. I think we all came from an imprint human closer to modern man, though. Offbranches happened, but it's being continually uncovered that we at least existed in modern form for much longer than originally though.

I have an entire theory of evolution as well, but I doubt you'd be interested lol.

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.