Funny thing is that I think real chaos doesn't exist either, I also think our overview of things is too limited in a lot of areas and so yeah, although we 'experience' chaos.. it probably isn't really chaos, but simply reaction upon reaction upon reaction interfering with other reactions and so on.

What I meant with 'accident' in this aspect wasn't so much how it all accidentally must have happened by pure chance, I don't believe that since it's always reaction upon reaction, but I more so meant the lack of purpose and active design between all those reactions. It totally doesn't make sense for me that is some higher power, some God or some creator interfering with these reactions. I think life here happened to come into existence because the conditions were right, perhaps just right, but who knows... perhaps the galaxy is flooded with life. Where would you put this creator then? Somewhere in between? Completely at start? As in the infinity before life? Somehow it doesn't add up to place any creator within this framework, it doesn't fit. It's really not easy to explain why though..

Quote:

I only see maybe the coalescening of atoms into one being and that being becoming intelligent, self aware and such.. that mightve been an accident.. that once. it's plausible that if you rub a trillion trillion electrons together in a small area, it'll coalesce and maybe something will come of it the likes of an intelligence.

That's not an accident either, but a reaction. A plausible and very likely reaction. I think that people underestimate the inevitability of these kind of events in the bigger picture. It may look like a one-time event to us now, but I'm sure these kind of reactions, that almost look like accidental, happened all the time. Not because they were accidents that happened, but because the conditions where right. The only things that can stop something from happening, is when the conditions are wrong...

I think the universe, life and it's evolution and so on all makes sense because we think it makes sense. Why on earth do zebras exist? Sure we can analyze and come to certain conclusions, but why does it make sense that it exists other than that it's simply the result of reactions upon reactions in the past?

We tend to have a very strong feeling of how everything should always make sense, but some things definitely weren't made to make sense. I'm not talking about reactions that can be explained because we know they were the result of events, I'm talking about the philosophical aspect of why things exist.

I think the complexity speaks against a creator actually. We are off course part of the complexity itself, which makes it logical that we can't ever comprehend the entire complexity of it all simply because of our limits. Still, saying that there must have been something bigger than us, more intelligent or at least able to comprehend the complexity of what the actions of this creator would eventually cause sounds totally unbelievable. Would the creator really know that there would be zebras at one point in time? I don't think so. So... if he didn't know this, then can we speak of design? No, not really.. more so of 'accidents' in the form of reactions upon reactions and so on... Somehow design implies prediction of results, which sounds really really extremely unlikely to me. Perhaps that explains a bit more of my view..

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software