You all would have to be really stupid to actually belive what you put. Yes , lite-C is one of the biggest new features , which to me , and most non programmers is useless ,

"there are a fair bunch of other changes -- commercial now has render-to-texture. this isn't much of an engine upgrade but makes it hugely advantageous for a6 comm owners to upgrade to a7 comm"

Wow , like they couldnt have just upgraded to A6 Pro if they really needed those extra pro features ? Now , what if you have A6 Pro ? Even if you love gamestudio , you have to feel let down by A7 , I've seen other people's posts who were waiting for A7 , and their expections were like mine , a whole new engine overhaul , which is what it should have been , and I'm very dissapointed. Why are you all trying to defend conitec for their lousy effort.

"Some people fail to see the generosity of Conitec here.
Conitec could have easily made a lot
of upgrades of A6 as an A7 engine feature,but they didn't."

Really ? Because A6 is A6 , A7 wasnt suppossed to be an upgraded A6 from what I understand , Jutst like Unreal Engine 3 is not an upgraded Unreal Engine 2 , look at the big giant massive difference in the engines. Now i'm not expecting gamestudio to make such a big jump , but I wasnt expecting the new A7's new and cool features to pretty much all boil down to the lame Lite-C addition. And yes , I understand there is other things , but , here are the new upgrades

"Gamestudio's A7 virtual reality engine was developed in 2007. Its new Adaptive Binary Tree scene manager switches seamlessly from indoor to outdoor sceneries. The brand new lighting engine overcomes the 8 lights limit of today's 3D hardware and supports an unlimited number of static and dynamic shadow-throwing light sources.Programmers can use plugins for adding new effects and features. The simple and straigthforward C-style DLL interface allows painless access to the engine from all programming languages."

Switching seamlessly from indoor to outdoor has always been possible , I dont see why an adaptive binary tree scene manager is needed , or why this would be such a priority.
8 light limit is gone , but , we get the same discusting , blocky , and downright hideous dynamic lights we already had , why would anyone need more shitty looking lights , I'd rather have 8 good looking ones. And then the C-Style Lite-C , well we all know what I think of this , if I wanted to program in C-Style I would program in C++ and go look for a better engine to program in. I dont see how anyone could defend this , it was made in 2007 : \ It really looks like it was made in 1995.

Again , I dont know , me , as a gamestudio user , who's been using gamestudio since A5 , this time arround , am very very dissapointed with the new engine , and will not be buying it unless I see some real improvements , like I said before , I think I'd rather get the money and purchase
Sphere 2, intense X , Seed_IT, Dyna_Lights, and Ice_X editor , then I would at least have something that resembles an engine from this generation. I think I might just do that , the thing is , I really would have prefered all these were just integrated into GameStudio itself , which is what I was hoping Conitec was going to do with A7. Conitec should definately make a deal with all this guys who made this plugins , and integrate them seamlessly into gamestudio , and cut them a slice of the pie , seriously , you should really do that conitec , make gamestudio look like a half decent engine for once.

Last edited by Why_Do_I_Die; 09/04/07 06:45.