Hello all,

Sorry for the late response. I'll have much more time for the forum and IntenseX from now on...

Moving to A7 wasn't an easy decision for me.. Naturally I want IntenseX to sell well, so I'll lose a lot of people if I don't support A6 too. But hear my reasons why IntenseX in A7 will be so much better than IntenseX on A6..

For Beginners: A7 has a new Project Wizard option (not Project Manager), and IntenseX will utilize it so beginners can really have their Create-an-fps-game or Create-an-adventure-game Button. It's a wonderfull new feature..

For Programmers: As many IntenseX beta users can testify, it was very hard to add your own code in IntenseX for A6. Because A6 compiler wouldn't allow more than 30 wdl includes when you publish your game, you couldn't directly modify IntenseX code (you could, but your changes would be lost when you finally published your game), and even adding your own .wdl file was a fuss. The new A7 compiler doesn't have this limitation. In addition to that, programmers can now make use of both C-script or the flexible and more powerfull Lite-C.

For Everyone: I'm working with Doug so the new panels are much more practical to use. Imagine all the IntenseX options available to you at all times in WED with one click, kinda like Unity3d and all those new dev-kits with an interface much better than Gamestudio's. Add to this, the free physics and bones for all A7 editions, along with many other A7 features that directly affect IntenseX and you'll begin to see my point.. IntenseX A7 will be infinite times better than IntenseX A6 would have been.

I could support both A6 and A7 for a certain period of time(eventually I would focus just on A7 anyway.. like I said before, how many people are using A5 nowadays?), but if I did, progress would be sloooowww. If I had to fix a bug, or add a new feature it would take me double the time, because I'd still use .wdl files for A6 and .c files for A7. I would also have to create all panels for both versions(they use a different system), and different manuals also, since the panels would be different. The list goes on..

D3D,

Quote:

So anyways, how about the IntenseX activation key generator? Can I get it now? Have not had much chance to work with IX though because I usually have to re-install my system more than once per month and really do not like to activate every time and have to wait all day with that screen until it gets unlocked.

I'm going to use the same key generator for A7 IntenseX so I can't really send you the program. If you can PM me a day in advance at the time you'll upgrade, i promise i'll reply to you within 5 minutes since I have plenty of free time now. As I said before, with the new release of IntenseX, I'll also have the auto-key generator ready that will work from web(instead of email).

Quote:

And what is the news? IX going to A7/Lite-C? Can I use current IX with A7.07.1 or must there be made some changes in the code? Do we have access to these parts of the code that must be changed? So much questions. Or do I just give up now!?

You can use the current IntenseX in A7.07.1, just don't install the new T7 Beta that Doug has posted on the Templates section. But If I were you, I would wait for the new IntenseX instead which you are entilted for free. You won't be able to upgrade your current IntenseX project to the new A7 IntenseX(however any even further IntenseX versions will be compatible with previous ones).

Quote:

I know you said A7 will win over A6 and I not really care because i've upgraded, but if you are going to rewrite everything it could take another year or something? Well at least I like a chance to have some kind of AI to play with in the meantime, even if it only works on A6.

I'm not re-writting anything, just the new panels, and converting .wdl to .c which i've already done. The reason i haven't released anything for the last 4-5 months isn't that converting to A7 is a slow proccess, but that i didn't work with IntenseX at all. It will go much faster from now on..

Hey ozzie,

I could do that, but I'd have to spend time on an obsolete version. I wouldn't want to keep current owners of IntenseX unhappy, so if there's demand for this I'll do it, but wouldn't you rather have me working on the new version instead? If I fix this for you, you could start your project on the current IntenseX, but as I've said, your project won't be compatible with future IntenseX editions anyway.

Cheers all, and thanks for your patience.
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!