quote:
Originally posted by ventilator:
is PH_CYLINDER already implemented as collision hull? i saw it in the manual under physics constants but it isn't listed under collision hulls and it didn't seem to work when i tried to use it.

PH_CYLINDER can be used for testing purposes- it is not officially implemented. The part that is missing (and I would need to double-check that) is Cylinder to Mesh collisions. So if you create a box or sphere entity and set another one to cylinder, they should collide. Because the level is a mesh though, cylinders will fall straight through it. [Frown]

quote:
i would like to set up a car with realistic physics. i know i have to attach the wheels to the chassis per constraints (probably with the PH_WHEEL constraint?).
Use PH_WHEEL for the joint between the wheel and the chassis. Then use phcon_setmotor to apply a torque to the wheel. The wheels then rotate, undergo frictional forces from the ground and thereby drag the chassis along with them. Finding the right numbers for mass, friction, damping, torque, etc. can be difficult. Also make sure your setmotor parameters are not too large or the wheels will start to slip. There is one unresolved issue with the axle bending when the chassis is too heavy, or the wheels spin too fast.