While I certainly hear what you are saying, AlbertoT, I have to confess that the C4 engine looks very nice and runs very smoothly here on my PC. In fact, levels seem run faster and more smoothly in C4 then in GameStudio (and, I admit, this is purely a visual test on my part). The thing just feels fluid at virtually any screen resolution and that with dynamic lights, shadows, normal maps, etc. I like that I can instantly see my game, have collision detection, etc, and not have to go through any long build process to get there. The automatic light shadows created look very good and, again, no build process to make you wait to see your creation.

As far as programming goes: I have not tried it yet, but what about the node-based programming that is displayed on their web site? Doesn't that help us overcome the having to be a really "good C++ programmer" to use this engine?

Frankly, I like a lot of what I see. His in-game editor could still use some tweaking, but it has a lot of cool features that are easy to access. I don't like how you texture objects you create in your new world (i.e. you first define/select the texture/material and then any object created will automatically adopt that texture). I am sort of used to creating the object first and then applying the texture to it. Of course, all levels can be created outside of C4 and imported. I have not tried this yet (as I have just recently started to play with C4).

The material viewer/editor is very nice. I like how it allows you to define the use of multiple textures, normal maps and more in order to easily establish the look you want. Some of C4's ideas should really find their way into GameStudio.

Well, I had better sign off. Much to do ... much to do ... I just thought I would chime in and state that I like what I am seeing of C4 thus far.

Professional 2D, 3D and Real-Time 3D Content Creation:
HyperGraph Studios