so if I just have to talk about the engine and wed because if you can use other modeling tool, Wed is awfull if you want to build something not so blocky ... I mean you don't really see what you are doing and I really don't think the interface is interesting. even after working with it for a year I don't fell confortable. For the engine himself A6 was cool since it was build years ago but for a now it looks like outdated, I mean every new engine people shown in the forum make me more and more depressed.

I know most of my complain are about the package not the engine, but since a game is more about level design and stylize than graphics,( unreal 3 topic) the package is really important.

you are right ventilator blender has a lot of contributor and med will never be able to compete with it but what about those small modeling engine like milkshape or wing ( not my favorite but still easier to use than med) sketchup and others.

I dont know how hard is to make a modeling tool but like someone said before they inspired themselves from those modeling engine.

ps : Blender si going to have a new engine, a guy is working on it, but this is nothing to do with ogre or anything.