MED is intended to be a convertion utility, so I would just like to have better editing features for skins and a commandline interface for some other basic operations like resavem, merging, skin editing and thats it. I guess this isn't so hard.

I see in WED more a frontend tool for composing levels, not a real content editor. Especially when you compose your scenes, WED lacks a lot (see my and other's previous posts about this in this and that other thread I was referring to). GameEdit is really cool for composing levels, but I wish some of the most basic GameEdit features were available for WED, too.

In addition, it would help much to have an integrated content management system in strong relationship to a material template interface. Like actions, it would be cool to load assets, assign shaders, set references to source texture files and how they are converted (into which skin, resize option, automatic conversion from source format (e.g. PSD) to DDS, DDS preview, Alpha-Channel preview in WED, ... such things are improvements.

Maybe we expect too much from our little group of maybe 3-5 fulltime 3DGS developers, but I don't really like the argument "you can do this by yourself" or "you can do this of course: (insert complicated way here)".

If a specific request for workflow things is being established by one or many people (which is maybe already supported by several other authoringh tools), I would like to hear at least an explanation why the crew doesn't want to program this.

Well, I am currently satisfied, but it's so much work sometimes with this software to achieve the easiest things.