This makes much sense. Thank you for the insides, Doug.

To switch back to the topic:
I checked lots of engines and I often realize workflow-issues with importing, editing and so on. Gamestudio is quite fine has an established base of exporters and plugins. It just needs a real-time editor and working lightmapper.

I think that we all agree that we cannot expect high level optimizations to get optimal fill-rates at graphic cards and something like that. We are aware that we get what we pay for. So I agree with Fastlane.

But nevertheless there is something happening in the market. There already are some professional made games with Ogre as an example. The gap between AAA and indie market seems to become bigger and bigger. Some indie engines like Unity3d, Unigine, C4 and TGEA try to catch up. GarageGames fused with Instant Action, is funding games now and becomes a publisher. A lot of indie-publishers come up and some of them even deliver AAA quality, like Gamecock Media:
http://www.gamecockmedia.com/
The quality of games comes closer and closer to movie productions (and costs the same amount of money).

The games business became the most hardest business at all.

But the graphical possibilites are amazing. Modern techniques allow so much things that even artists can and want to have much more fun viewing their contents in real-time and not only in rendered scenes. This is a new bunch of potentional customers for Conitec - not only programmers - there are millions of hobby and pro artists out there scanning the engine market regularly, waiting for an easy tool to watch and present their contents.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft