I did not mean that you should write a cutscene editor with keyframes and all those things. You don't need them when you record actual movements, angles, timing of sounds and so on. I've already programmed such a recorder for making my own cutscenes. I only had to program that once.

Quote:

"programming everything myself" is far away from being a good workflow

Programming everything yourself and recording and playing it back is not a extremely cumbersome method of doing cutscenes in my opinion. You can't usually re-use the movement calculated in cutscene editors or animation software because it was interpolated between keyframes, not made with actual code. When recording it you don't have to worry about doing all that twice...

Quote:

Some other just want to be more productive.

..either that or you're just being lazy. Being more or less productive doesn't quite apply to my method. It has sped up the process a lot. Sure, I had to write the recorder/playback code, but after only a few days or so I had that finished. It's modular so I can use it in all my 3dgs projects, I'd say that provides me with a very acceptable work-flow.

Quote:

I have no problem when some users like you want to program everything themselves. You can do it. Please show me the results. Maybe some other users want to buy it.

I currently have no intention of selling it, but who knows maybe later...

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software