Quote:

So if we agree to implement your idea then it would be best to have a cutscene-template available in the T7 pack.

i'm not making any suggestions of anything being implemented at all.

just like i said before,
Quote:

i was simply pointing out that the difficulty of our approach is being exaggerated.

Quote:

And besides that all modelling and animation packages use a visual interface to create such data and I think for good reasons

that's an absolute necessity for animating a single model, of course (unless you want to program procedural animations -- i'll be working on that in future, but i have loads of ideas to try out now that school's over), but i've often thought that setting up an entire scene would be a lot easier with a code-editing interface. yes, even in a non-game-engine environment, for me it'd be a lot easier to program things. this is especially true for scenes with many characters visible who all need to be doing something at any given moment.

to summarise each of my three last posts (including this one):
yung's ideas and contribution will be useful for many and is quite generous, but the difficulty of the alternative is being exaggerated.

julz

EDIT: i do see the potential of a physics editor -- at least in setting up physics rigs. before when making a car game there was way too much trial-and-error involved in setting up the suspension properly, and a visual editor would be very useful.

Last edited by JulzMighty; 11/09/07 23:01.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!