LOL, everyone knows Wii is not next gen , you'd have to be retarded to believe that.

Ah the programmers vs artist debates , well programmer wana bes because if ur a scripter your not a programmer, lol. From the front page "Gamestudio is not a game engine, not a game editor, and not a game programming language. It's all of them together" Can you read that ? Do you understand what it means ? Can that clue you as to why some are dissapointed ? Yes, Lite-C is suppossed to be more advanced than C-Script , but the point is we already had C-Scipt , we had just moved to C-Script in A5 , why would the focus of A7 be a new scripting language , it's retarded , thats why I was dissapointed.

How can I put this so that you will understand , The reason people come to gamestudio is because it offers the ability to get into game development withought having to be a full programmer , so , if your an artist , and like games , you get gamestudio to make game making much easier. Programmers tend to not even like gamestudio , because it's stupid to want to use gamestudio as ur engine if your a programmer , there's better options out there for those. Lite-C is useless garbage , because we already had the SDK for DLL making. But to be honest , I prolly just made assumptions about A7 i shouldnt have , but I dont see how I could think A7 was going to be A6 with a new scripting language , oh and a new render that renders exactly like the old one, incredible. Only an idiot would support conitec's decision , even if your a programmer , you still shouldfind it shitty that you still have to programm every single thing you need, as you still have more work to do even for simple things.

I myself know how to C-Script , so I'm not a pure artist , In fact , I actualy enjoy scripting , so I dont just make art and see chinese when I see a script , but , even though I like scripting , since I do levels, models , and script , I would have much prefered to have the other additions I've poited in the past to a new scripting language , render that renders the same as old one , and a couple of other things here and there that i'll never notice.

Another thing I felt dissapointed with , is the lack of tech demo , and lack of art that came wth A7. When is Conitec going to hire someone to make a good model pack to include with it's software ? We have a couple of very good artists here in the community , and many others aroun the web who do freelance for pretty decentprices , why is it that gamestudio still comes with Quake 1 qualty mdels (in fact , they are worst , quake at least had cool models) , and textures. Now this is something everyone , including the programmers would benefit from , having a solid
model pack , texure pack , soudn pack , music pack . Now this might sound abmitious , but it isnt , for a company like conitec it should be very cheap to hire some freelance artists to make some good stuff for fairly cheap pricess, I mean , even I've hired people before to make me a model here and there , how is it that conitec cant afford to do that ?

So there's a thousand and one reasons for my dislike/dissapointment with A7 , how there's people who justify it is beyond my comprehension , but you have to COMPARE it to A5 and A6 , and not judge it like it's a brad new engine , what you really have to judge is it's prgrogress from one engine version to the next , not just the engine itself.