Update

Well. Its past my 6 months publish deadline but still the team is as keen as ever to see this project thru.

We lost 2 months initially due to both Xmass and explanatory marathons on some level design elements so now that time needs to be made up.
To aid forward momentum, I have discarded the entry level of the game development for now and will revisit it later as part of a look-back scenario.

Now player starts within the entrance of the cavern systems.

Wmb's are used here to get a deeper atmospheric mood than what models can deliver and to assist entity removal not possible with block geometry.

Our scene management is currently being refined and due to a lack of modellers, most of my time is currently centred on level design refinements.

Comprising both wmb and model formats, the cavern worlds the project is played within offers some design challenges like variety and rewards for tunnels and open caverns.

After some time navigating within claustrophobic cave systems, player needs to feel some relief by coming across caverns where open space permits a breather of sorts.

We are still along way from refining textures for low level shader and detail maps and quite a long way away from having characters yet but the target is to arrive there as soon as possible.

Scene management currently keeps FPS at a stable 60 and the overall progress is still at level1, some 30% only.