I have a suggestion!
Actually, we only want a good animation for our modells. With the Bone animation (I have the A6-C) there can be only reached a difficult reasonably good animation. Only with a IK (inverse kinematik) tool, we would have much easier to do animations. The blend shape animation is a really great idea. The blend shape animation in the game should not "emulate", but if there is a tool in MED to create "in MED" a Shape animation (with Bones), and export it to a "pure" Bone-animation. So at least, MED would be a much better Model AND animation software!

Ohh and one more thing... there should be a weight-setup for the bones.
(MAYA have a great weight-setup-tool -> you draw the weight like a texture (black + white). You also can import and export the weight-texture. With the weight-setup you can fix the problem with the face animation. A good modeller with a good bone-setup and a good weight-setup could create fantastic modells in MED.
If you wanna create a face-animation, you can also do it with bones. To simulate folds (wrinkles) in the face of a model, so it's shurly better to make a texture-blend-animation (with normalmaps or something else...) in combination with bone-animation.

So following features MED should have:
- IK-Handle tool
- Blendshape-animtion-tool for bones (to define animations you often need)
- Blendshape-animation-tool for textures

Sorry for my poor written english! I hope you understand what i am talking about.

CU

Last edited by bonecracker; 11/06/07 15:44.

Wenn man glaubt alles zu Wissen, weiß man wenig. Denn Glauben ist nicht Wissen. Wenn man weiß dass man Wissen nur glauben kann, dann kennt man die Warheit!