Quote:

All the techniques we're talking about , you say you did it in your MMO...what exactly you did

-Traditional Client/Server Multiple backend server applications supporting the frontend clients
-No pure p2p, although the server backend is p2p-ish (all server applications communicate with each other).
-Each client has DR active
-Each client only gets updates about it's surroundings
-Each client only makes requests of the server; the server is the ultimate authority on whether to grant these requests.
-Current "requests" include movement, chat, inventory, trading, kicking, throwing, picking objects up, dropping them.
-Current non-players include Merchants, Quest Givers, physics engine based columns and balls. Currently working on a goal post and score board on the way to making a series of sport-like games!

Quote:

how are you managing with the numbers ? bps , peak & rel/unrel ? I'd

I don't know what these numbers are. I don't use these numbers as a guide yet. At this stage in development it's easier to have a design philosophy to minimize traffic. For example, since we are still in A6, we only have vars and strings. As such, we pack as much infomation into a single var and string.

I'll look them up on monday and post them for reference.