Luckily I have an old concept which I'm now partly porting to Lite-C and multiplayer, so I don't have to sketch everything out again. Nonetheless I'm basically rewriting evreything - the A5 WDL code is an ugly bastard from hell

I'm not doing a FPS, but indeed there are realtime short ranged weapon realtime battle sequences. I do a scan, because I can scan whoel segments - which allows multiple attacks at the same time without doing several dozens of traces.

Unfortunately scan goes through walls, so each scanned entity checks back using a trace whether the hit counts (no pbstacle inbetween).

Sometimes update is not fast enough and therefore the server shows a too much different situation than the client which owns the attacking player.

To overcome this I've hacked some sort of fast update (comparable to ent_sendnow) which I can trigger sends at important moments, but it makes the multiplayer code more and more messy.

I already have a whole lot of functions and slowly its gettings difficult to debug...
I'll continue until I fail - don't think this will take much longer