Quote:

You said in your first post that BPS is how much you send , for the server here its 688 bytes/sec. but the client says 1800(rel&unrel) , or is this at diffrent times ?

Quote:

Also , strangely in your example , the server isnt receiving anything...

An annoying quirk of the 3DGS network panel on the server is that it only displays the received data for the last client connected. So if you have 10 moving clients and the last one isn't moving, then unr/rel will read zero.

This is a main reason why I don't use the network panel and instead use third party network monitors (ETHEREAL is a good one for it can sniff the packets too). It's hard for me to understand what those number mean but when you have a sniffer on the network, you get a precise idea of what is coming in and out. I don't have it set up right now but (because we develop on one computer, it is harder to separate server from client traffic) but I should and will in the future.

Quote:

2 Players = 115 * (2 * 2),3 Players = 115 * (3 * 3) , for 100 clients its 1150000bps , and I should start thinking how to solve this problem because a client cant always receive 1MB/s,or I'm wrong again ?

That seems right. If each player has an NPC that needs updateing, then you would need over 1 MB to update every player of every other players information... which is why you don't do this!

Instead, you limit the updates to only the players that are nearest to you and exclude the others. This way if player 1 is 100 miles from player 2, either player need not know what the other is doing until they get closer.

Quote:

when moved. For the others , I'm not shure how I'll reduce the numbers,because I'm already sending only X,Y

If you are not sending velocities, then 3 coordinates would require 3 variables or 12 bytes (without header). With velocity, it jumps up to 24 bytes per update. Hence for 100 clients, it should be 200.4KB (without header) at full resolution "could" be doable on broadband. All the same, I would still optimize by restricting who gets updates adn throttling the update frequency to minimize bandwidth.