I did these WIP http://hometown.aol.co.uk/blewp1977/myhomepage/coat%20collection1.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_UK clothes using the cylinder method (although in max, not LW- naughty me!) All you do is get a cylinder with a number of vertical segments and just manipulate it round the body (or arms). Delete the segments near the arm, and do the same cylinder for the arms as well, manipulating the sleeve and deleting the unwanted bits that connect with the body- weld it all together (not shown in this pic)and bosh! One nice coat! (mines about 200 tris)To get double sided, copy the section that needs X2 sides, shrink it a little, reverse its normals and weld it to the outside- this way is nice but it costs tris, so use it sparingly! (Some other engines understand double sided textures, but 3DGS doesnt so )

Why dont you copy the section you want and paste it to a new layer in LW? (button on the bottom row and then click to paste a fresh layer?) This approximates Clone to Element (sort of). Also, you might want a plugin Lscript called Spin Poly Pair from Flay- it allows you to spin tris (LW only spins quads- annoying and silly oversight from Newtek). This will make your life easier when an edge is wrongly aligned when the mesh is triangulated, giving your model a good convex volume.

And before anyone asks, I havent done the head yet either.

Because fact into doubt doesnt go