Hi all,

after a long time i come back to 3dgs, got the upgrade to A7 COM. My goal is still to develop a fun flightsim game, like Ace Combat on the X360....something not too realistic but fun to play.
I am still looking for the engine i am going to use, and it turns out in most cases the limiting factor is the terrain the various engines offer. I need a huge terrain (maybe 1000km * 1000km), but still with good detail, and it should run fast. To me it looks like only Torque with their Atlas terrain engine delivers this, but then it's lacking in other departments and i don't want to dive into C++.
So here are my questions, hoping that anyone experienced with 3dgs can answer:
- Is this huge terrain possible? What is the best way to do it? Is there a tutorial that creates a landscape this big?Also, how would you "edit" this terrain? Imagine you have this 1000km * 1000km terain, how you would go to place the forests, cities, rivers, streets and so on? I mean, doing it in WED seems like a neverending task...
- Sky: Has someone already implemented volumetric 3d clouds into A7? How can it be done?
- Then, i want have a 3d cockpit. Would you do the planes HUD and screens in the cockpit with render to texture? Or are there other ways to do it; like a radar on a screen which is updated?

Ok, that's it...hope i get some good answers.

Thansk already in advance

freeflyklown