Tutorial-alike - the second!

Wanna see how I made this head from 'lines of points', in MED?

Here are the pictures, some self-explaining, some not:

The principle of simplification is to take the face from the SIDEVIEW as a landscape with counter lines or cross-sections.

1 First the 'horizontal' line along the middle of the bridge of the nose,
2 second the line between nose and eye,
3 third right through the eye,
4 then 'outside' the eye. We make only a one half of the face.

The disadvantage of this 'strategie' is that you have to have a good visual imagination and an artistical praxis in human proportions.

(The better and more intuitiv way for non-artists is the later explaint way beginning with the FRONTVIEW onto the human face.)

As one can see in the topview, I made the points in four steps as well the created points keep in line of the origin, so I shifted them with the vertical restricted move tool.

Because the 'nose line' gives the most characterizing shape, I draw it first and within this I decide where and much points have to be placed. The other lines should have a similar count of points for getting a more or less regular net of triangles.

Doubled and shifted and connected middle line.

I mark the lines of points that I want to connect next, to have less risk to confuse them with the others in the sideview.

It is not the easiest way to make a face in MED. I remembered an easier way - after I did all this work.

If you are interested, I can add the other pictures of the way from the half face to the head.

It includes methods of tweaking and of mirroring the half, sewing it with it counterpart, and connecting the face with the prefab sphere to get the whole head.

Last edited by Pappenheimer; 10/29/03 22:59.