@Damocles

Why should pathfinding be a seperate simulation? Its no different than the states he has already given the villigers beforehand, its part of the basic building blocks of viligers. So if you want to create an algorithim on the fly for pathfinding, you will end up with lots of dead viligers in the beginning, which make them not viligers but more simple bacteria. Since they are viligers I assume they are given these things beforehand.

I dont know if you should necisarily stay away from Pathfinding unless you can make it very efficient with a small amount of nodes/tiles.

I dont quite understand the whole GA reason to make a simulation like this. Everything is still predictable, if only just different colors and different attributes in later generations, unless my scope is nearsighted. If so could you explain what is possible for later generations?

Could natural born leaders emerge from the village? Could they learn to use weapons and train an army from young men? Could they work collectivly to research new technologies?

You're not as unique as you think you are, try again.