It all makes sense...it's just new found territory for me...I haven't messed with models very much and this wind thing is just on the to do list. I think all of the different methods are relevent for given situations and my global wind is probably too taxing(on lesser systems) to consider unless used sparingly.

I'm more interested in realistic motion, I suppose. I have two map entities(not models, not sure why I said models)...a sign that sways and a light that hangs from the ceiling that should move with the breeze coming though an open window.

I have one physics object to play with, since I have commercial, so I'll mess with that since these are rigid bodies. This should be a laugh riot.

EDIT: Got it to actually work...no wind but the entity moves exactly how I want it to visually. Of course it needs a bit of wind to make the motion random. I like the physics engine...nice stuff....I can see how someone could get carried away with it.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links