Quote:

nice count, would be even nicer with a 5000 poly normal mapped, shadow throwing entity in view.
such high fps makes my video card humming... can you limit the editor fps?

Yes, I can limit it, by just changing a var to true;
Well, there is a sample showing what you want here: Normal-Mapping-Effect-Sample
For me, it runs at 1100 FPS without limiting, and it doesn't even change when I limit it to 60 fps. Just try it to see for yourself.

Quote:

no, there is no function like wait() but i think c# supports coroutines so you could implement a gamestudio like scheduler quite easily yourself.

Quote:

well, i'm a bit prejudiced against xna because it binds me to directX and c#.

this concerns me a bit aswell. in general i like the idea of c# and xna but actually my plan was to more and more reduce my microsoft dependencies and not to intensify them. also the xbox360 compatibility isn't that great if the games only run for members of the ($100 per year) creators club.

there is the monoxna project but who knows when or if it will become production ready.

Quote:

Ok, Do you want to see some colision, don't you? rsrsss

i know that it is possible but i was more interested in how hard it is to do. did you add a good collision detection system to your engine already?

I am not even targeting XBox.

About colision... No, not yet, because I made a friend a few days ago and he is doing that part.
Make a good engine is not a fast task! But only in two days, I implemented a SceneGraphManager with Frustum Culling and it works great, and I also manage to find time to improve the level editor to have 4 views now.

My point is: I am a VB programmer that are doing the first steps in C, C++, C#. And there are a lot of good programmers overhere that are loosing a great chance because or they don't like microsoft or C#.