Quote:

Quote:

And at least, I am doing something else beside been waiting for some engine's developers to fix little bugs or implement certains features, taking months and years for that.

you didnt want to start a hassle about XNA, but in the meanwhile you do stab towards other engines, doesnt really make sense does it...

Where do you see that I stab towards other engines? Do you find any lies in my words? Am I pointing fingers to any engine in particular? Everyone here knows that things happens like this.
But I find this funny: Every now and then, someone dares to say what it is in front of everyone.

And the responses are: "Hey!!! Don't talk bad about my engine!!!! You don't know nothing!!! My engine is the best!!!" Even if the person don't point a finger to a specific engine.

Quote:

Quote:

And at least, I am doing something else beside been waiting for some engine's developers to fix little bugs or implement certains features, taking months and years for that.

Lol, but XNA 2 isn't bug free either, it's just that you haven't played long enough with it yet to have encountered them.... It's pretty funny though that you seem to think that engine developers are lazy or something.

As for XNA, it's pretty good and although it's not perfect, it's definitely a strong API.

Funny is to see how you think to know what I think! I never told that anyone is lazy and I didn't lie either. I do own a license for a few engines and had worked with a few others more. And everyone here knows that this is true, again, we do have to wait, sometimes for years. But that
doesn't mean that the developers are lazy.
And my point is: I am using my time in a better way!!!
Ps: XNA is not bug free either! You are right!!!

Quote:

Being that it's an API, instead of a user friendly game engine (with templates) I don't really buy the marketing approach that "anyone can make a game with XNA" which Microsoft is pushing so strongly. A6/7 is a lot closer to that goal, even then, this is still extremely
technical and not suitable for 'anyone can make a game' / "Click together your game" hype.

Well,if anyone really wants to be making games with just a button, perhaps they should realise that this will never happens or they should go and buy FPSMaker or something like. If anyone are serious about making games... Make games is not an easy task! And make a good game is even more dificult!

Quote:

I believe this is more close to reality
I prefer use my time to make game instead to use some game API to make another engine and tools.

You can if you prefer, make a game instead of be making a engine with XNA. But the problem with XNA is that it is an API, not a game engine. Most people get scared when look at it for the first time. When it first came out, I look at it and said: "What should I do with this?" And never touched it again until a few months ago.

Quote:

Have you try Visual3D.net?

Seems like they doing the same thing like you did.

Yes, I did! Visual3D.Net and Blade3D were my inspiration to start this editor. You can even see here ( First try editor ), that I was making my first Level editor just like theirs.

Quote:

Interesting links and good infos. Thanks XNA-sorcerer.
I agree with vlau. Visual3D.net looks interesting, easy usage, good tool-set and modern rendering.

Some friends of mine already checked it and found it very good.

The only issue I have is: they don't say anything about scene-management in their feature list. If they don't have any then it will only be suited for small scenes.

I think that they must have a scene management, because is very easy to implement it with XNA. For example, for my engine I have a Scene Graph management with Frustum culling and later I am going to implement octree also.

Now, this thread was suppost to be a point of information about the new XNA, showing some good points about it. For those that see this as it is: Good! I hope you find it a good info.
Now, for those that do not see this as it is: Your lost! I won't be fighting for something that is not even mine. I won't be responding anymore to those kind of posts.

To finish: Everyone can still use your favorite engine and also work with XNA.