Everyone can do that , because I've separated the nodes action from the rest of the script. You can add c_scan or trace and write the results automaticaly in the file.
"pain to readjust node positions"...I made an editor for this task. You walk real-time in the level , with a movement script and a crosshair. If you point at a node and click LMB you can change every adjacent (even a few more properties , like jumping or camping pos) but I'll keep the editor for myself. It is quite unstable , and gives errors if not used exactly how it was intended and everyone will only start to complain about it.
I dont think its painful or annoying to make the connections , because it took me no more than 5 minutes to write them all down on paper (for 30 nodes scattered on 3 floors).

PS.: Its a contribution , if you dont want it just ask the right persons to remove it from AU...
EDIT : BTW , adding 'ignore node' in the pathfinding and tactical information to the nodes , or in your example automatically writing the node connections to .txt files is very easy because it wont interfere with the pathfinding script. The only problem with automatically writing the nodes in a file is that you might not always get the shortest path (or maby not get a path at all!)

Last edited by EpsiloN; 12/17/07 19:39.

Extensive Multiplayer tutorial:
http://mesetts.com/index.php?page=201