Quote:

I can not confirm that the ogg filter by Tobias Waldvogel does not work with Vista. It works well here. However I'm open for proposals when you think another filter is better.

DirectShow filters, such as the ogg filter, must be installed on the end users' machine. But you should do this automatically by your installer.

yes thats what i meant and where i see the problem: if you autostart the filter from tobias with your game installer, the end user would have to authorize the installation by clicking the "i agree" button in tobias's installer.

it also shows a copyright notice and long text in a different looking window than your game installer. now the point is, most users are afraid to click agree - cause they dont know what a "ogg filter" is used for and they just want to play the game they downloaded.
so they rather click on "cancel" and wonder why they dont have any music in the game.

shure the advanced gamer knows what it is and installs it, but the average casual gamer mom will hesitate to do so.

the only solution with the ogg filter i can think of at the moment, is to silently install all .dll files (5 in total) in the WINDOWS\system32 folder along with the OggDSuninst.exe in your game setup script.
this way i think you would have to place the copyright notice of tobias's filter in your installer eula.
but i still dont know if this is legal or not...