Well as I'm still downloading the demo I can only comment on the given pictures. It's really looking very nice although there is a downside imo: The bus interior...

On the forth screenshot for example (the one from inside the bus):
Have a look at the floor which covers the right front wheel. With only 4 edges for a 180° round face that's really very low-res. Especially when you look at the street lights which show up in huge numbers and have a 90° rounding at the top with multiple times as much polies just for that...

In addition to the not so poly-rich interior its textures also are bad in comparison to the rest - have a look at the ceiling for example (you can hardly call that a texture but some kind of color gradient )...

I mean it's not that just some more polies and a bit higher texture resolution would make a big deal - it's just that the bus has the main attention and when it looks noticeable worse than the environment where not everything is always that present it's strange in my opinion. I think this also kills the "ego-perspective" which is shown on the third picture - a five edged back mirror and cockpit isn't that appealing...

But as I said the rest really looks appealing and I'm curious how the gameplay is going to be...

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Last edited by Toast; 01/15/08 21:09.