Ok - I played a bit in the meantime and have some issues:

1.)
The first thing you do to skip those intro screens is to press escape - it's bad when this throws you back to desktop...

2.)
It seems your game doesn't like 5.1 Audio Systems because I only have sound on a single box (which somehow sounds bad). On the intro screen (and at the beginning of the first level) it just played from the left box - later on in the game when driving around the speakers started switching through (I think it had something to do with the direction I was driving to i.e. North, West, etc.)...

3.)
The performance really is bad (although I don't know yet which option is the worst fps killer). But with a system that can handle Crysis on medium to high settings you shouldn't have to put the settings down to a rather medium/low basis for the given visuals. Ok I shouldn't compare a top notch AAA engine with A7 but still the performance was bad for the given visuals...

4.)
I found the controls rather difficult and it's often hard to say when you collide with something and when not...

5.)
Well those "You've run a red light"-penalties are a nice thing but totally useless as you can just go driving on the sidewalk without punishment and thus evade those penalties at numerous places...

6.)
A tutorial or training mission would be nice. Or at least put on the map as a standard so new players at least can figure out where to drive to without looking up the whole keyset again...

EDIT:
Sorry for double posting btw...

EDIT2:
I now have found some more things:

7.)
There is something wrong with the penalties as you already get them when you run a yellow light (and yes - it really was yellow )...

8.)
I think you really should do an own button for erasing an account because that question window popping up each time you just want to play on is bothersome...

9.)
How's the resolution determined or is it fixed to 1280x1024 or something which some people even cannot play (properly)?!

10.)
The standard keyset for the bus doors is confusing. I mean the camera views the back door on the left and the front door on the right, the interface for the doors starts with the back door on the left but still the standard y, x, c keyset handels it just the other way round i.e. y opens front door, x middle door and c back door. When I played with this setting I pressed the wrong buttons every 2nd station as it really is a contradiction between your perception and the way you control it...

11.)
Found this level bug:

I found it quite strange that this "house-touching" didn't show up during testing because this is what you stare at for the entire time you have to wait on the last stop of the first level...

12.)
I don't know why but this writing of the highscore data crashed my PC after completing the first level. The music kept playing on but nothing happened for minutes and as I even couldn't get back to desktop despite all key combos you can do I had to reset...

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Last edited by Toast; 01/15/08 22:14.