Well, some time in the next months I'm planning on launching my website and offering my casual games for the public. Up until now, I have 3. One is a "Match-5" game (check out StarMatch at Showcase I), the other is a simple magnetic air-hockey game, and the third one and the best, I might add, is a board game that has an oriental style and is a mix of strategy and board games. I'm also planning to add 2 or 3 more games to the list.
I'm about to offer the first two games for free, surviving just from advertising, but the Oriental game will cost $5-$15, haven't done the math yet. And one of the games I will make in the next months will also be for sale, but the other games will be free.
Now, I want your opinion - would a website like this be profitable, and if yes, how profitable? Where could I find statistics about such sites, what kind of traffic can I achieve, how to maximize that traffic, should I offer more games, how much profit can be achieved by advertising? I also need some tips on what could scare a potential casual gamer, what I should NOT do!
I know this is a lot, but please be general in your answers. And if you think this will not be profitable, offer some advice - what should I do, how to reach advertisers and where can I advertise my own website.
And to not sound like a total beginner, I must say I have experience in business, but I made this post to be totally sure of myself, because I have lots of things depending on the outcome of it!

Thank you,
Leonardo

Last edited by Leonardo; 01/16/08 19:37.

"Things of the mind left untested by the senses are useless."