Quote:

I read before somewhere but I can't find it now and I have forgotten. The question is this: I am going to use mostly models or map intities and import into Med. and then into Wed. When I'm modeling a building, should the practice be to have walls go through the bottom of floors and above through the cieling etc. or should they match up and tough the face of the floor or cieling etc. ? ? for faster rendering ? Thanks for any help.

For building geometry in WED, I always found it was best to have the sides of the blocks meet each other so they touch but not intersect. This method is seemless and so long as you line the textures up, completely unnoticeable. I think, I may be wrong, but I think that the two touching sides are not rendered (even if they are, you can always set the texture flag of those sides to None so they don't render). I prefer this method to having the blocks intersect. Intersecting blocks won't mess up the geometry, but it looks sloppy in the editor which can sometimes make it harder to visually see whats going on in the wireframe views. A large level can actually look rather confusing and I like to keep that confusion down to a minimum.