So far, most replied have been "just make a good game!" and I'm actually in total agreement about that ! At the same time, it doesn't change my wish that engine had a new image to go with the complete new A7 changes, though, and it does nothing to change the perception of the engine's validity in the game development community in general.

Believe me, fastlane, you are in the majority and Conitec will NEVER change the name anyway, because it's an extremely conservative company with little regard to marketing or image. Seriously. Is there even a marketing department or a real product manager who isn't a programmer or answers the phones part time? It's Conitec's mistake.

While Conitec's "PR" manager is cleaning toilets, watching TV, staring at the stain on the wall, or whatever they are doing instead of marketing, they could instead be getting their market share back from Torque. The engine's great, the dev team is obviously great, but good lord get a real product manager and marketing department!

I know, fastlane, Conitec could hire you to do their PR, you could go to tradeshows and improving gamestudio's image with your "just make better games and it will be okay" approach. You could make a big full page ad in Game Developer Magazine that says "3D GAMESTUDIO - If you don't like the sound of it, it's because you're not capable of making good quality games".

You have nothing to worry about and can continue to tell me how me, HeelX and other people are at fault because we are using the engine's bad name as an excuse. It's not like I haven't heard this before.

Because being affilitated with and using the technology of "the world's worst game" isn't really a liability, it's just me being a drama llama.

Another question: Do you think a new name to go along with all the new features of the next version of the new engine would spark new sales? I get the impression that Conitec's target audience is already well establish, repeat customers. But if there were a new name and press campaign, in places like Game Developer magazine, not only would it get cred ahd a brand new image, but people would probably buy a copy to check it out nand possibly they would get some of Torque's market share.

Last edited by JetpackMonkey; 01/28/08 22:46.