Quote:

That sounds good in theory, but wait til you are showing your demo at a development event or publisher-developer event, when a producer shows interest and asks more about it, you say you made it in Gamestudio.. watch their faces drop and hear that awkward reluctance, you will feel different.

Even though not recently, I have already been in that position actually and quite frankly back then I've really talked about the engine for literally only a few seconds. I said I use the Acknex engine and said that I program the game myself. Acknex engine didn't ring a bell, which was fine because that was a perfect way of moving on to the actual game, showing them footage of (prototype)gameplay and so on. Whilst showing the game I did mention sóme engine features, but I didn't focus on that at all.

They actually were interested. It probably would have worked out if I wouldn't have been the one who didn't want their deal (they came to me). They had a small list of things that they wanted me to add to the game which I didn't feel like doing and their deadline was unrealistic at that time (it's a while ago and I wasn't quite up to the task).

Looking back at it I probably should have accepted the deal and just look where it would go along the way,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software