Long read in this thread, but in the end I'm not sure what a name change would do for an established product.

If Metallica changed their name to "The Friendly Guys With Nice Hair" would we not still know they're Metallica? And if Elton John changed his name to "Bad Ass Punk Rocker From The Depths of Hades" wouldn't we still know it's Elton John?

If you found the coolest name in the world for a game engine, changed GameStudio to it, and walked into a publishers office tomorrow with a game made from it, does anybody really think the publisher would say "Well that's better then, has to be a good game now with a new cool game engine name like that, Here, give me a look at it".

I kind of think they would say "You mean GameStudio?"

It's kind of like saying that when you take your Ford Pinto to the race track they laugh at you, so the next day you come back with a Mustang sticker on it, and everybody now takes you seriously and begs you to race.

Being new here and to GameStudio I may be out in left field on this, but somehow I can't imagine a name change actually changing the image of a well established company. Besides, GameStudio seems to fit, and personally after being around other dev sites quite a bit I don't think GS has all that bad a reputation. A lot of people that hang out at GarageGames and also use Torque actually speak pretty highly of it.

I do agree with everyone that's said they should have better marketing and much better and more current demo to show off the engine...

A7 Commercial
Two Track Music