yes, i do know a couple other programming languages; mainly C++.

Quote:

As long as SED crashes with debug information and error messages are not handled back to SED you will not feel as comfortable as you feel in a standard development environment.

the crashes are only with specific errors, and aside from those the error messages given are generally very useful and quite specific.

even then, A7 is fairly easy to use with other programming languages too.

i'm not trying to say "choose A7 over C4" because i couldn't care less. i'm just trying to be useful for anyone who comes across this thread and this decision by summarising the thread -- great for artists, but A7 is more useful for programmers. if a programmer really wants to dive into the C++ nuts and bolts A7 and C4 both give you good options, but i can't compare them because no one here who uses C4 seems to use it for its C++.

just one other note as i was scanning through this thread again:
Quote:

But since Lite-C also forces you to use pointers and structs the gap between Lite-C and C++ became smaller.

lite-C does not force you to use pointers and structs. it does not make anything more difficult than C-script. the only hard part is getting used to the little differences if you were already a proficient C-scripter.

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!