Quote:

Quote:

The models look good. It's a simple and effective marketing idea. It's fun, and by the sounds of it, makes money.

What he said. The models look very good, and move well. It does what it was designed to do. Mission accomplished I say...

Jak? You there?

Hehe yeah I'm just getting here for the day.

The models were created using a combination of 3DSMax and Milkshape, only because they were the first human models I've ever made from scratch and I wasn't sure which program would offer the best results for the engine, lol.

Once I finished the first one (Greta), Dawn handed over the club architecture she'd built, and then I textured it, pathed it, lit it, etc. in WED. Textures were all created in Photoshop.

The beach ball animation was a combination of renders from 3DSMax composited in Photoshop and output as BMP frames. The frames were then imported as skins on a flat screen object in MED, and we scripted the skins to show as a repeating animation in the engine.

Cameron Aycock provided the MP3 dll and I wrote a simple mp3 and playlist player in C-Script that ties into the DLL to handle the music playing.

There are a ton of different camera moves in the full version that aren't in the demo, plus a bunch of different bikinis, etc. Also, in the full version you can walk around inside the club without being tied to a specific camera. Press F1 in the demo for a list of all the keyboard commands. The ones with a * after them are only available in the full version, but it will give you an idea of all the stuff that's scripted in.

That's about it. There are of course a million and one changes that could be made to make it better, but then again it does what we wanted it to do and that was the goal. Not everything done with GameStudio has to be a game... For that you'll have to check out Digital Dave's Beach Blanket Bikini Racers.

Thanks again for all the comments everyone!
Jak