Quote:

not to flame you offcourse i have full respect for you, but that was a litlle ackward IMO.

Hi Dennis,

Sorry I was trying to make two points in one post with very little time. I was trying to Establish that a game was created using the Ghost Buster IP. And it was pretty good on the Commodore 64. Maybe Spwany could look at it to compare what he is doing.

I very much want Spwany's Ghost Buster game to be finished and not have him get into legal trouble.

My publisher is constantly putting Back Catalog IP's across my desk asking for game ideas and market viability. Ghost Buster's has been brought up a couple of times.

Since Spawny has permission to release his free product, and if it remains of the high quality the screenshots are showing. He will probably get alot of people world wide playing his game.

This can have a positive effect for the IP lots of people get a renewed intrest in Ghost Busters and its IP.

The negative effect would be a saturation of interest in a Ghost Buster game by filling the distribution channel with a free game. I know that we would pass on a Ghost Buster license if there was already a free game out there using it. IMHO there is not enough interest in the IP to support a free game and a retail game. That's why creating a free game with a large IP is a violation of copyrights and damages can be sought by the IP owner even for a free game.

Finally Spawny, I love what you are doing, I just want to make sure you are protected.

Ken

Last edited by Nardulus; 05/29/04 02:34.