I try to learn it since years. Without success. And it is not that i don't try it. My problem is to learn the hot keys. How much are available at the moment? Around 300? I learn the first ten ones, and have forgotten the first when i learn the 11th.

When i don't touch the baby for one or two months i have forgotten the other ten too. And this happens regularly. Making games means to stay a month at this end, a month at that end. A Gods gift when the software has a button driven interface then when i open it after a month or two. One look and i am back into business.

And you can't even adjust the key bindings. Makers of Blender totally forgot that not only Blender exists. I use dozens of software. And every software also has hot keys.

The available button interface isn't this much better, as cluttered as it is. Means always digging. And important parts simply disappear dependand of the mode. Now go figure ...

I am a very visual person. That's why graphics interests me so much. Give me a button with an icon and i will remember where it is. And i will remember how the icon looks and what it is good for. And even when not, the button with the icon is there to hover with the mouse over it to have a look what the tooltip tells here. Ever tried that with an hot key?

One more important point is that you cannot model one handed with Blender. It lasts 10 Minutes and my hand pains from holding down the keys. Comeon, holding CTRL all the time just for basic navigation? In my favourite Software i can even use only one hand at the mouse and don't have to touch the keyboard at all when i don't want to.

Don't get me wrong, i don't have anything against hot keys, i use it also regularly. But Blenders GUI is too much based at it, is too unflexible and rigid by that. Which is a shame. Because i would really love to use its features. But i cannot. The GUI doesn't let me. And i am not alone with that.

Nope, I stay with my opinion, current Blender GUI is not made for humans

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de