Quote:

it's called knife tool in blender (shift-k) but it isn't as powerful as the split polygon tool in maya or modo. the reason is that blender doesn't support ngons yet but they are working on that too.

loop subdivide (ctrl-r) can also be useful.

Yeah I had found them before but they always created extra edges. So then when I wanted to go back and delete the edges the whole face disappears. I am curious how you delete extra edges in Blender. If you have used the program for a while I think that you must know how.

Or maybe you could tell me how to put faces back on the geometry after they have been deleted,...how do you do that?

Quote:

Try to import or open models in Blender! The file open dialog will make you mad. It always suggests the blender directory and you have to click through the directory structure again and again.
You cannot paste the path from your windows explorer to the file picker dialog

Yes I noticed that you are stuck in the Blender directory every time also, I assumed that there must be a way to set a preference which would allow you to start somewhere else.(but assumption is always a bad idea) Or as you said if there was a way to copy a file location it would make work a lot better. I think I could live beyond this limitation given the free price of the program, but I don't know if I could live with the program crashes on import. I never got to the point of importing models because I could not get past the modeling limitations.

Quote:

Yah Blender interface is not easy, but it has lot lot of features like
place panel : aligned ,free , split vertically,horizontal etc ...
For example i use a lot :
a main upper window in 3D and on the bottom two aligned windows :
one for buttons , the other for texture painting/editing.

I actually like the interface and I don't agree with people who don't like Blender because they won't spend the time and learn it.

My problem is that there is just a lot of things that cannot be done in blender. It doesn't matter if you don't spend the time trying to learn, you cannot learn something that cannot be done

But anyway Blender seems good for the price, and maybe the animation and other features are better, I just have only tried modeling with it.