Quote:
it would be better, if 'User rating' was replaced by 'Thanks rating', so when you're making something good, users can rate you up, and 'thanks count' will be displayed at place, where the stars are now.

You mean that people only are able to add positive points and no negative points? That might work, but there still will be idiots making a dozen accounts just to 'rate themselves'.

Originally Posted By: Machinery_Frank
First of all: This topic is finished. Rating is gone now.

True, the rating is gone, but the topic isn't closed... for obvious reasons...

Originally Posted By: Machinery_Frank
Maybe you did not read this thread so I summarize it a bit: Some users who did very good work and good contributions for the community had rather bad ratings while other with no contributions at all had high ones. The rating was just a tool for punishments (mainly done in Morbius, so with no relation to game development at all).

And the poll tells that most users are happy that it is gone.

I am happy too that it is gone and I DID read this thread. Users were asked about their opinion and I gave mine. Don't assume things.

Anyways, all I'm saying is that some people really were self to blame for getting negative ratings, regardless of their excellent contributions in the past. I don't say it's right, all I'm saying is that it makes sense in my opinion.

Quote:
But I can tell you what an immature behaviour is: Punishing people with bad ratings and creating a dozen user accounts only for this task ;\)

Yes, I totally agree and although it's probably superfluous to say... it wasn't me doing that.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software