I am mostly worried that it will take a couple more months to get this fix. Nvidia's last driver release was back in December. It looks like they are readying another one for release soon(I downloaded the beta but it did not fix it). And considering this thread was started 2 months ago, and they never responded yet, it would seem a long shot that this will be fixed. If this is a problem with the 8800 series, it would most likely affect the new 9800 series as well, which is alot of graphics cards without post-processing. I am looking for a publisher very soon for my project and this is a real bad bug, especially considering I want to showcase the latest effects(bloom, DOF, haze) in my project.

I noticed that it is extremely frequent on this machine, and it definitely must be connected to the 3dgs particle system somehow. As the anomalies on the screen are usually directed at particles, and my game uses alot of them for both gameplay and level effects. The anomalies appear very heavy with the more particle effects going on. I tried setting the NOPARTICLE flag for the post processing views but it did not change anything. What was the test system you had it on? Did it at least contain an 8800 card with the latest updates, and many different types of particle effects? Perhaps it's not an Nvidia problem but something related to the engine and particles(other games must have effects chains.. and they run fine)?

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/