Quoting fastlane69.
 Quote:
Am I the only one to whom this makes sense? I don't know something, there is no evidence for it, so I go seek it out? Maybe it's just me then....

It's OK. You're probably not alone. I'm pretty sure that there are other bona fide card carrying madman walking in circles, chanting and making sense of 'business strategy', greed, envy, notoriety, ambition, games played by those that think and what not.
 Quote:
And they may well find nothing, but I assure you they will not walk away with nothing.

Ah yes, well some of us might not know the difference.

Quote:
Whaaat? Ummm excuse me but it's because a scientist knows exactly how little they know that they do experiements.

Are you playing a scientist which knows exactly how little you don't know about type scientist here?

Quote:
Mass and Energy cause gravity.

OK. How?

Quote:
So we are ignorant as to whether BH behave or even exist... okday, no problem...

Well, I've looked around, and it seems, here, on the right occasion, any sort of logic may do, so:
Either way, I'm tacking 'fault' to 'we' on that one, and no soul which exists, existed, will exist, did not and shall not ever exist, could have or can legitimately refute such reasoning, and that includes myself, because I said and say so

Quote:
Look, we either don't understand BH and thus non of us can legitimate say that the experiment shoulnd't go on...

Quoting Why_Do_I_Die (maybe it's how...)
 Quote:
This experiment has the potential to create a black hole that will swallow the earth and everything in it, why is this experiment being allowed to take place ?

For the same reason some individuals play the lottery?
Perhaps, there might be a few or more, which could claim that a good many other outcomes are probably less dark in nature, and suck less, by comparison.

more relevant questions here could be:
*What can be done to favor optimal earth -> 'black hole' contact for this event?
*How can we make this happen?
*Impossible? Think positive.
--Can we get this black hole earth swallowing gig done in such a short time?
--He11 yes, we can.
*Why is May the perfect month for 'black hole earth swallowing'?

Quoting Quadraxas.
 Quote:
i said this some people already, but they rather want to believe they are gonna die instead of believing what maslone1 said.

Perhaps, you can forgive them, if they cling to hope, blind or sugary as it may be.
Some of us were only 6-12 yrs of age, when we first had dreams of a full-scale, near instantaneous termination event.

Hopes of total sterilization on a planetary scale, or greater, have sparked us since childhood, and kept us burning ever since.
Worlds conclude, but hope, that is a different ma..., OK, well here, not so much.

Quoting fastlane69.
 Quote:
(This post brought to you by Guinness, the un-official sponsor of this forum)

Unfortunately, still the excuses for me, may be, insanity and stupidity.