Quote:
LOL , so we see the true nature of the project , they are assuring funding for the next 30 years.

Oh yeah, scientists have no right trying to make a living. Getting 30 years of solid work should be restricted to politicians and lawyers, you know, good decent folk who don't deceive for a living. Truthfully, if the only reason teh LHC was built was to give a few hundred scientists a job, then how is that any different from every other great human endevour?

"Who hold these truths to be unalianble..." that by revolution we have ensured ourselves a LIFELONG job....

"I have a dream..." that I can just talk and talk and talk forever and that will be my job for life... ooopss, I guess someone thought his "LHC" like project wasn't worth funding...

"To go to the moon and back within our generation..." so that I can stay in office for as long as I can... yikes, didn't work for him either.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody' ahhh how smart... by purposefully keeping the memory low, he assured that there would be a life-long industry for him...

In any case, as you can see, when anyone tries to secure themselves a job, they ultimitely either become a super power, a leader in the technology field.... or get shot!! Wonder which one the LHC will be like??

Quote:
Yes , 6 billion dollars towards one machine will tend to have that effect on people. I said BILLION btw , not million.

In 2004, 7 Billion was spent on computer and video games.

7 billion towards video games.
6 billion towards science.
If one is a waste, why isn't the other?

And before you answer be careful; you don't want to give your impression that the real reason you want to support games is that, like those "deceiving bastards", you are just trying to secure a job for the next 30 years! \:D