Quote:
The problem I have with all this is the Cern people say there's almost no chance of this happening , like 0.000001% , but there's others that say that actually the chance is around 10% to 20%.

Which is why, in polite online discussions, we always put up our references.
Could you post your references for the .0000001% crowd and (to me at least) more importantly the 20% crowd.
Only by knowing where you are getting your information can that information be properly addressed.

Quote:
The Cern employees working on the LHC have all been told to tell the public there is basically zero chance of anything strange happening , even though the chance is actually greater.

Again, the crux to this point is WHO is saying that it's greater. Their knowledge of CERN and Particle Physics must be closely examined if we are to assign any validity to his statement. So again, Why_do, do the polite thing and post your references please.

Quote:
Now consider this , the mini black holes that could be created or the strangelets , are all hypothetical , so people tend to just ignore them , but so is the boson higgs , yet they have built a six billion dollar machine to look for it , hoping and believing they will find it, doesnt this make the chance of finding/creating mini black holes and strangelets the same as finding the higgs ?

The chance that Jessica Alba will marry me is very very small... almost nothing. BUT it is hypothetially possible.

Does this mean that the LHC will allow for a probablity of my marrying Jessica Alba? After all, your hypothesis is "if one hypothetical can happen, then EVERY hypothetical can happen", right?

Quote:
theory , since this is as they themselves call it "unexplored territory" the chances of destroying our world and the chances of finding the higgs are the same , 50/50

Nonsense. Have you ever traveled? Gotten off a plane in a strange and new city. By your arguemnt, I have entered "nexplored territory" and thus there is a 50/50 chance that I will live or die by your logic.

Your fear of the unknown is showing and gives a lot of insight into your religious beliefs... if I was scared that every action mankind takes would lead to my destruction, if I was scared that things are our of my control, I too would probably be prying to the gods above!

Quote:
which means those people MUST believe in strangelets as well , and interdimensions ,

So what of it? Can you prove, scintifically, that either of these are dangerous?

Why_do, you are not a mind reader and you have no science background that I can discern.

How then do you presue to a) read peoples minds and state what they do and do not say, what they lie and tell the truth about, and b)

Quote:
but more of a 25%(to be fair) risk , yet

Come up with wild, unfactual numbers like that?

Why_do: Is it too much to ask of you that if you are stating facts or numbers, that you validate them? In particular, I am interested in your following claims....

Quote:
The problem I have with all this is the Cern people say there's almost no chance of this happening , like 0.000001% , but there's others that say that actually the chance is around 10% to 20%.

Needed: two references, one for the .000001% and the other for the 20%

Quote:
The Cern employees working on the LHC have all been told to tell the public there is basically zero chance of anything strange happening , even though the chance is actually greater.

Needed: a refrence from CERN stating privately that they believe that cause is greater and a reference from CERN stating publically tha they don't believe this

Is that too much to ask?