Havoc or PhysX.

There is no other choice if you want GS to be taken seriously and you dont' want to have this conversation next year with "bullet" replacing "ODE" (it's not this enough, it's not that enough, it doesn't do this easily, it doesn't do that).

Let's get off the "Open Source For Free" bandwagon and pony up some cash (or MB) to be in the big leagues!

I will predict that it is more likely that Physx and Havoc will be around for the next five years than any of these other (comparatively) backyard solutions; no such guarantee with Bullet (never heard until now), Newton 2.0 (it's been 2.0 for HOW long and still not part of GS even through a plug in?), or anythng else that will come up.

The 20MB Physx driver. Yea, that's pretty much a deal breaker if you want to make casual games. But do you NEED Physx for a casual game? I dare say not.

However consider every other game. 20 MB is, what, 3, 4 animated MDLs? If you put it this way, it doesn't seem like much at all! And considering those of us making RPGs with game size in the 100's of MB, this driver would harldy be noticed!

So my solution I have not heard people mention: go hardcore. go for Physx (or havoc) BUT KEEP ODE AS A DLL. That way, people like me that NEED the best physics processing out there and could USE the PPU can take advantage of the e-Next-Gen-2.0-etc-etc solutions and others who don't NEED that much power can rely on ODE (or bullet if Conitec or Community has the time to integrate both).

Don't short change yourself community. You are being given an option (even if not taken) for GS to "grow up"... don't stunt it by making the same "cheap" decisions as in the past.